Dr. Navpreet Singh
Dr. Navpreet Singh is a qualified physician licensed in Canada to practice medicine in the province of Ontario. She graduated from Dalhousie University in Halifax with a Diploma in Engineering in 1998 and Bachelor of Electrical & Computer Engineering in 2000, graduating at the top of her class for both degrees. During her time in engineering she developed an interest in finding solutions to medical challenges, and she designed and built a biomedical prototype for neurology patients at the Nova Scotia Rehabilitation Centre which won The Senior Project Award at Dalhousie University, The APENS Senior Project Award in Electrical & Computer Engineering (Association of Professional Engineers of Nova Scotia), 2nd place in the IEEE Student Paper Competition of Senior Year Projects (Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers), and 2nd place in North America in the International IEEE Myron Zucker Student Design Contest which led to its introduction in Rome, Italy to international rehabilitation professionals.
She moved to Toronto to complete her Doctorate of Medicine in 2004 and Residency in Family Medicine in 2006, both at University of Toronto. Inspired to know more about global preventative health and sports medicine, she worked and studied internationally during her medical training in Scotland, Australia, Brazil, and Chile including time with The Dundee Football Club in Scotland. In 2006 she earned qualifications as a physician licensed to practice medicine in Ontario and maintains Board Certification in Canada. She has experience working in urgent care and walk-in medicine, as well as serving as an Executive Health Physician at Cleveland Clinic Canada.
With a profound interest in health, psychology, human behavior, and spirituality, she has studied with renowned international teachers since 2012 in London UK, Alberta, New York, Colorado, Illinois, California, Texas and Hawaii. From 2012 to 2014 she was a student of psychologist and author Dr. Robert Holden at Success Intelligence Ltd, based in London UK, who has been considered Britain’s foremost expert on happiness as well as having conducted The Happiness Project. She became a student at The Demartini Institute in Houston in 2013, an institute dedicated to expanding human awareness and potential, and continues her ongoing education with its polymath founder Dr. John Demartini who has been recognized as the top human behavior specialist in the world by the IAOTP (International Association of Top Professionals). She currently provides psychotherapy to people with depression, anxiety, life stressors, and relationship concerns to help them have greater insight, self-reflection and self-awareness, and to give them tools and action steps to help them have a more balanced perception, greater wellness, empowerment in their lives, and more loving relationships.
Dr. Singh believes in a holistic view of wellness, which means assessing and treating the patient as a whole. As this can include many integrative elements of healing she is enthusiastic to be a member of the Adelaide Health Clinic team and Cambridge Group of Clubs. She has been physically active in sports since she was a child, including tennis, golf, swimming, skiing, track & field, hiking, running, touch football, dance, martial arts, weight-training, yoga and meditation. She has a high value on both health & wellness and learning. Her other interests include travel, photography, drawing, gourmet cooking, writing, literature, and music.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Doctorate of Medicine, University of Toronto
- Post-Graduate Medical Residency in Family Medicine, University of Toronto
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC)
- Certification in the College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
- Licensed member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Member of the Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- Member of Medical Psychotherapy Association Canada (MDPAC)
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering with Sexton Distinction, IEEE Medal Recipient for highest average & University Medal Recipient for highest average, Nova Scotia Women In Engineering Scholarship recipient, Dalhousie University
- Diploma in Engineering with Distinction, Walter P. Copp Prize Recipient for highest average, C.D. Howe Scholarship recipient, Dalhousie University
- The Demartini Method Training Program, The Demartini Institute
- Coaching Success Certification Training, Success Intelligence Ltd
- Coaching Happiness Certification Training, Success Intelligence Ltd
- Business Analytics Specialization, Wharton, University of Pennsylvania
- The Royal Conservatory of Music completion of Classical Piano Levels 1-10
AREA OF EXPERTISE: