Dr. Nader Abdelkader
Dr. Nader Abdelkader holds a Bachelor of Science degree with distinction from the University of Manitoba where he was also competing at the national fencing circuit. During his athletic career, his appreciation for sports medicine sparked interest having sustained several sports injuries himself. Combining his passions for health sciences and sports, he further pursued his academics at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College. He is currently completing his post graduate fellowship from the Royal College of Chiropractors of Sports Sciences.
Dr. Abdelkader’s clinical practice includes proficient diagnoses of the neuromusculoskeletal system, manual-therapy, and rehabilitative exercises prescribed specifically to each of his patient’s needs.
Dr. Abdelkader is currently conducting various scientific research in the area of dynamic balance assessments in the athletic populations. During his academia, he’s had experience in internships and placements at various hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area, and other specialized sports medicine clinics involved in advanced therapeutics and surgical consultations.
Dr. Abdelkader focuses in the area of lunging biomechanics, fencing and racket sport injuries, and sports performance and conditioning. He is currently chairing the Medical & Health committee of the Ontario Fencing Association, and the lead medical consultant of the Canadian National Fencing team. Notably, he was part of the medical team for the 2019 Canada Cup Squash (a Professional Squash Association event), Fencing World Championships 2018-19, and Toronto 2015 Pan-Am Games.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Doctor of Chiropractor, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- Post-Graduate Residency in Sports Sciences, Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (RCCSS)
- Licensed member of the College of Chiropractors of Ontario (CCO)
- Certificate in contemporary Acupuncture, McMaster University
- Bachelor of Science, University of Manitoba
- Chair of Medical & Health Committee, Ontario Fencing Association
- Lead Practitioner, Fencing Canada
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Sports Sciences Specialist (candidate)